Saturday 4 January 2014

Here starts now.

I'm already laughing at the faces many of you are making at the name of this blog.... could it be that my sarcastic wit is gone and in its place remains a mushy, sappy mother of three angels? Possible. Likely? Perhaps not. I promise you it will be full of the stories that make me die with laughter and probably make many of you thankful you don't live this life (and I'm so happy none of you do and that every delicious chaotic drop belongs to me)....stories like today when Lachlan was napping and with the other two cuddled up on my bed watching a movie I chanced a shower. I tried to enjoy the hot water while keeping an ear open for anything suspect, and quickly got out of the shower, got dressed, checked children and was just changing the laundry over before blow-drying my hair when I caught a whiff of it... URINE. Bennett has proven MUCH more difficult than Habbs to potty train, and we frequently deal with "It was just a accident, I peed them a wittle." when asked why his pants are missing (and then we hunt for the puddle he left behind). SO... the hunt was on. I was sniffing like a crazy person but it would come and go. Because it was the "old-pee" odor, I sniff the laundry basket, the bathmat, the toilet (maybe he dribbled?) the floor....nothing. I shrug and go to blow-dry my wet (and probably.almost.dry.by.now) hair and there it is...the smell of pee in the air. I assume it must be coming from my bedroom - to which I sniff the whole thing over....literally like a drug dog. NOTHING. I then figure I'm losing it (which is quite possible) and go back into the bathroom to attend to my hair, where-upon removing the towel from my head realize someone small had peed somewhere, at some time in the last 24 hours, used THAT towel to mop it up and then placed it on the counter beside the sink... for the LOVE of PETE!!!!

I'm off topic now...which honestly, will happen frequently. But I figure that's okay, because those who have had the pleasure of making my acquaintance, realize that's pretty much how my brain works.  In a non-linear to everyone else, but completely linear to me way. Honestly, I have no clue how this will work out...but for 2014 I'm going to attempt this, to prevent my children from inheriting 90000 physical journals one day. I find now with three children the days are flying by at an alarming rate.... understandable, but boy does it make you wish for a pause button. In the last few months (I guess since L's arrived) Bennett has not only tripled in size (not literally, but it seems like it), he's left toddlerhood behind. He's got the gangly length of a preschooler to him when you heave him to lift him... it makes me ever aware to soak up these days before they are gone. And rather than clutter up my Facebook with a zillion "my children did this ________" posts, this can be for me. A place where I can put all my special things, and if you were able to draw a line around them, it would surely be heart shaped.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH I had that happen to me toooooooo! Except it was cat pee. I think I win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, ha ha ha - you win!!!!!

    ReplyDelete