Tuesday 14 January 2014

No.Photo.Tuesday.

Yep, No-Photo-Tuesday is totally a thing. Or at least today it is. My old dinosaur blackberry bit the electronic dust, and so it was time for an upgrade. Which normally would fall into the "YAY" category, but I am somewhat...well basically an electronic dunce and so it's taken me much of the day to figure anything out on it. I believe it was approaching 2pm before a girlfriend informed me how to turn it on - I thought the battery was dead, but no.... I was pushing the wrong button. I love, love, love taking photos with my camera, but I'm really looking forward to being able to snap some quick easy daily life photos of the kids. Often times as soon as they see the big camera they start hamming it up... I have to be super sneaky to get some natural, as it happen pics.

We had a fairly quiet day today in terms of action. Abbs has been complaining of a sore neck the last couple days - I'm unsure if she slept wrong or if she maybe banged it when she fell down the wooden basement steps a few nights ago. So, she laid pretty low today.... until she had a $95.00 shower today, using every lick of hot water and said it felt better after her 4 hours in the shower.

The kids did play most of the afternoon away, and *guilty confession*I spent a portion of it talking on the phone - which never happens, so it was pretty fabulous. One of my girlfriends in town is pregnant with her second - a little boy, and she's planning a "Blessingway" for Sunday. Basically a group of ladies come together to support and celebrate the journey and joy of this pregnancy, and fill up her soul with as much love and positive energy as possible as she heads into the final weeks of preparation and labours to meet her sweet boy. Such an incredible thing to be a part of - I feel so many times traditional baby showers (which are fabulous in their own right) focus on babe - and giving material things (which again, fabulous), but how amazing is it to have a group of empowering women offering complete support and focus on pampering Mama and her soul - which sometimes nearing the end of her 10 months can need a refreshing boost saying "You are incredible, you've created, nurtured and sustained this little being that you get to meet soon and you've totally got this!!!!!"  I'm very excited to take Abby with me, as I feel what a wonderful thing for her to be exposed to. She'll play away the afternoon I'm sure with her little friend there, but kids are always listening and absorbing the energy around them.... I think it's fabulous to plant the seeds early that women need to be a net for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment