Wednesday 15 January 2014

Randoms

Today I realized that when weird people reproduce, they have odd children. 

Case in point: We live in a two-story house, and up the railing there are the larger posts every now again (whatever they are officially called is moot in this story). Well for a few days Abbs was hanging out on the stairs.alot. I asked her a few times what she was doing and she was all "Just hanging out with _____." (The name changed a few times until she settled on Alejanrooo). So I finally catch her kissing this post and I ask her "What are you doing??" I embarrased her because I was laughing, but she informed me "MOM. Someday my prince will come, SHOULDN'T I be prepared?!?!?!" Umm... no. You're four.

Anyways, she was hanging out with Alejanrooo later and I snapped a photo, but my cell skills are lacking and I only got part of her face (see post one for reference).... Abby in about 10 years you'll love I recorded this little memory for you <3

 

Speaking of Alejanrooo, we love to make up names to call each other. It's ever changing, and usually causes us to bust a gut. For close to the last year Bennett's "dog" name has been Garlic (and yes, he answers to it). Weston has been Sarah since the spring.... lately I've been Human, Abby's been Visitor and Lachlan...poor Lachlan has been Princess Anna.

Abby had a little afternoon outdoor-playdate today to celebrate the warm weather....she had school this morning which I had to wake her up for (so she was a little testy this afternoon - which is out of character for her, she has the sweetest little girlfriend and normally they get along perfectly, so it was odd that Abbs was so grouchy), so when we got home she was ready for some quiet independent play (and an attempted nap when she thought my eyes were turned). She received this super cute Goldilocks set as a gift and it's perfect for playing with by herself. She spends hours recreating the story, and adding her own twist on things.

OOoooooh, so most people know every day Habbsie has school we draw a picture on her piece of fruit. She thinks it's hilarious and now it's the big thing in her class to see what she gets. I am in mad competition with Ty to create the best picture, Ty draws when he`s home but most of the time it`s me (oh french keyboard)...anyways, I came up with this brilliant one this morning!!

 

GET IT!?!!? So far only my girlfriend got it.... Baaa-nana!!! Ty was all "Why is there a sheep with a balloon?" WHAT!!! This is freaking HILARIOUS!!! ....well, I cracked up all morning about it anyway.

Finally just before Bennett's third birthday we've convinced him to get a regular bed (the kid loves his crib). He's been climbing out for years, and it got to the point where Lachlan may need it eventually, but Bennett wouldn't budge on giving it up. So much to my horror, we caved and got him a car bed. UGH. I know, I said I would never get one and I cringe every time I walk into the room. But he loves it - so I'm hoping he grows fast. 
We did a little family hot-dog roast at the sledding hill in our little neighborhood with another family, and the kids had fun sledding down the luge track. It was SO slippery that the kids were going sans sleds - it was pretty fun, and amazingly enough no one was injured. I always figure Lachlan will meltdown (Bennett would never have enjoyed himself ) but he's so chill and relaxed. Also, he is our first soother baby. I'm not sure if it will change once his teeth come in, but for now he's all about chewing/chomping on the soother - his hands get red/chapped from having them in his mouth all the time, so I think the soother is just a welcome break for him. He likes Sophie and his cloth lovies, but I think the soother just sits in his mouth so easy that it's convenient. We only have this one, so once it's gone it's gone!!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the Abby story about Kissing the Posts!

    And your banana is cute. Do you use regular pen or food marker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness, I love that you're blogging and I can look forward to reading these. Hilarious! I LOVE baanana! (have you drawn a banana in pajamas yet? do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done one in pajama's yet!!!! GOOD ONE!!! I'm going to add it to my list!!!

    On her Baaaa-nana's I've been using a random sharpie type marker. On her other fruit I draw on the baggie it goes in, or I use glass-markers and draw on the glass - tupperware (what are those called?).

    ReplyDelete